Wednesday, January 7, 2009

1996 Economy - From the Bullpen

Wow! I was looking through some of our old marketing letters and found a letter from 1996. Here is how it starts:

“I have some good news and some not-so-good news.


Let’s get the not so good news out of the way first. Times are tough, really hard. The National economy is sputtering, Orange County has not see times this tough in years. 
But on to the good news! Out of these tough times come truly outstanding opportunities. One such opportunity is the chance to avail yourself of top flight executive talent. “

It’s amazing that just 12 years ago we were in the same situation as now. I remember graduating from college 1992. (Ok that is more like 16 years and now I can’t believe I’ve been working here for that long.) All of my peers took jobs working for minimum wage. I ended up working for Dave (my Dad) because I figured earning a commission was better than working for minimum wage. (I was right!)

So, looking back at 1996 and our company history I now know even with our current “sputtering economy” we will pull through and be OK. To quote the old man (that’s my Dad), “Just keep your nose to the grind stone and stay focused on our client’s needs.” Maybe we all need to take a look back and realize that the economy cycles and this is all part of its cycle – this too shall pass.


And on a really happy note – Merry Christmas and may you all have a prosperous New Year! Welcome 2009!!!


- H


No comments:

Post a Comment