Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Sticky List Radar


I love my smart phone, computer and tablet but sometimes old school paper works just as well. I keep a list of hot candidates on my desk and it’s a bunch of sticky, multicolored notes all stuck together. It’s not glamorous but it works.

Why keep a short list? Sometimes I remember everything about a person's work history, what they wore, when they met me, and where they met me, but I confuse their name - is it David Smith, David Moore, David Ankenbrandt,? 

I need a cheat sheet. 

The list also has some of my favorite people - yes, recruiters have favorites. Once someone is placed, they may get crossed off the list. Sometimes they stay on forever even though they are happy working – they stay on because it’s a great way to stay in touch! Sure I can create a list on my computer, and I do that too but I prefer my sticky list radar.

Hey David - thanks for naming the list! And - yes you're on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment