Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Hugely Annoying Words: A Cease and Desist

*Disclosure - I am not a master at grammar nor do I profess to be an exceptional writer and a detailed communicator at all times or even at all!  What I do propose is I’m a bit nit-picky about these words and phrases.

1. Literally – the use of literally drives me literally nuts. Adults and kids use it constantly and in the most annoying ways. Can we all try to quit, literally, using it?

2. Just say’in - It is the way to say something negative and get away with it because you were just say’in? How about owning up to what you said instead of just say’in

3. It’s all good! –When did you’re welcome turn into it’s all good? Are people embarrassed to just say you are welcome when someone says thank you – is it too formal?  It’s all good seems to me like they are being put out with whatever they did for you and by saying it’s all good makes them feel better. It’s like they really weren’t happy when they held that door open for you or possibly helped you with a project but no really, it’s all good – just say’in.


No comments:

Post a Comment