Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Bug Smasher

Today I was interviewing with a Director of Sales and a bug was flying around. It was a tiny moth type of bug and it was bugging me. (Couldn't resist, sorry.) Without thinking, I smashed it. Pow, right out of the air. I think the Director will always remember me as the recruiter/bug smasher. He was nice enough to give me some Purell so I didn’t have to go down the hall to wash hands. Thanks Director! Sometimes we do things without thinking. Smashing a little bug is funny and I don’t think too harmful. Other things I’ve seen people do during and interview can turn people off. 

Other stuff not to do:
  • Chew gum
  • Cackle at the interviewer, laughing good, cackling not so good
  • Eat candy
  • Answer your cell phone or office phone
  • Tell too many personal stories – what will we talk about later?
  • Adjust your clothing
  • Pick at body parts – eyebrows, nails, noses – gross.
  • Apply lipstick
  • Putt your feet up on the table/desk
  • Spill coffee all over the person interviewing you
  • Smash bugs

No comments:

Post a Comment